Fusion 360 is a cloud-based 3D CAD, CAM, and CAE platform for modern product development. It combines industrial and mechanical design, simulation, collaboration, and machining in a single package. The tools in Fusion 360 enable fast and easy exploration of design ideas with an integrated concept-to-production toolset.
- 5-Axis CNC Toolpaths
- Advanced Simulation Capabilities
- Create smooth and precise surfaces with T-Splines technology or with sketch curves, patches, and extrusions. Obtain the exact amount of curvature you want in your models by editing the form’s face, edges, and vertices.
- Access robust solid modeling tools that allow you to easily create organic designs, as well as detailed mechanical parts, or a combination of both.
- Perform powerful Boolean operations, and add features such as webs, lofts, patterns, and much more to your existing model.
- Set precise parameters to your sketches, such as model dimensions with specific values, as well as relational functions. Make changes to the parameters and the model will update, keeping the mechanical features previously created intact.
- Bring in scanned STL or OBJ data and use them as the reference for your Fusion 360 design.
- Create tests and animate test results to help you determine the weakest areas of your model or areas that are most likely to fail.
- Local file export types include IGES, SAT, SMT, STEP, F3D, and DXF.
- Cloud export file types include Inventor 2014, IGES, SAT, SMT, STEP, DWG, DXF, STL, FBX, and F3D.
- Assemble your parts in the same environment in which you designed them.
- The CAM capabilities of Fusion 360 share the same proven CAM kernel as HSMWorks and Inventor HSM™, enabling you to quickly generate toolpaths that cut cycle times, reduce machine and tool wear, and produce the highest-quality finished parts.
- Prepare your designs for 3D printing by previewing the mesh structure, making pre-print refinements, and automatically creating optimized support structures.
- Rapidly specify views, dimensions, and tolerances with associative 2D drawings, which can be updated with just a click if changes were made to the original model downstream. Archive them locally as DWG or PDF.
- And much more.