A Scalable IT Solution for Small-Medium Businesses
For over 10 years now we’ve been providing the best computer hardware for CAD/CAM users. During that time, we’ve done what we can to help our customers with their larger IT issues and are now please to offer a robust and scalable ongoing IT solution for small-to-medium sized business. Introducing: SolidBox Remote IT Services.
If you’re a SolidBox customer, then you’re already on the right hardware for CAD/CAM. How frequently is your data being backed up, though? Are all your drivers up to date? Is everyone on the same service pack of SOLIDWORKS? We know that stuff is boring and easily overlooked, but it’s also important. That’s why we’ve chosen to offer our customers scalable plans to handle these and many other vital IT support tasks remotely.
How We Do It
Our support is remote, on-demand, and most times local to your business. In addition to unplanned events that come up, we will provide regularly scheduled maintenance behind the scenes. We won’t let the deployment of a major new Windows build derail your workday. Let us handle that and all other updates while you’re at home catching up on Game of Thrones. We’ll also regularly ensure your backups are being updated on your SolidBox NAS or any other on-premise or Cloud-hosted backup solution you’re using.
- Server OS’ supported: Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019
- Migration from older server environments to newer ones
- Domain setup and configuration
- DHCP/DNS setup and configuration
- Group policy setup
- User account setup
- Patch management
- Server deployment
- Anti-Virus installation and management
- Daily backup configuration and troubleshooting failed backups
- General troubleshooting and resolving server issues.
- Office 365/Hosted Exchange integration
- SOLIDWORKS PDM Server installation, maintenance, and upgrades
- SOLIDWORKS SolidNetwork License Manager installation, maintenance, and upgrades
- SOLIDWORKS Electrical Server installation, maintenance, and upgrades
- Mastercam NetHASP installation, maintenance, and upgrades
- FlatterFiles Server installation, maintenance, and upgrades
- VPN and remote access setup and maintenance
- OS’ Supported: Windows 7 Pro (SP1), Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10 Pro
- Domain Join
- Patch management (Windows updates, driver updates, and SOLIDWORKS/Mastercam etc. updates)
- Workstation deployment
- Virus and malware removal
- Daily backups (using Windows File History tool in conjunction with a SolidBox NAS or other backup solution)
- General troubleshooting and resolving issues
- Regular restore point management
- System image updates
- Remote SolidBox Refresh (on qualified workstations)
Onsite and Remote Storage
- SolidBox NAS setup and maintenance
- Integration with EpiGrid, AWS, Azure, and other third-party Cloud-Hosted storage for backup and SOLIDWORKS PDM
- Small business network design
- Small business router/firewall configuration (No Cisco Enterprise equipment)
- Internal/external DNS configurations
- Performance troubleshooting
- Network printer setup
- Troubleshooting network issues
- Wi-Fi deployment and troubleshooting
- Virus and malware removal
- General help desk services and support
- Computer hardware and software repair, installation, upgrades, and data transfers
Choose a Package Based on Your Business Needs
2 hours per month of preventative remote support to maintain SolidBox and Non-SolidBox worstations and other PC’s plus any onsite or cloud-hosted servers. This is ideal for a small shop with 2-3 users.
Small & Medium Business
5 hours per month. This contains all the benefits of the Partner Program but with the additional hours to support more users handle Server/Office/VPN tasks. This tier is ideal for a medium-sized company with a few remote users.
10 hours per month. This includes everything from the lower tiers with even more hours to support more users and address unplanned issues as they arise.